Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smoothie Queen

I have been quite the smoothie chef lately and wanted to share my concoctions with you. I usually make Roy and me a smoothie every day that practically has a days worth of fruits and vegetables. I made this recipe up myself so maybe I should copyright it. Haha :)


2 cups frozen fruit ( I use peaches, berries, melon, pineapple)

1/2 cup yogurt ( I use Activia Plain because it has the least amount of sugar)

2 cups of spinach ( I also sometimes chop up some cucumber or celery)

1/2 cup of orange juice (apple juice works great as well!)

2 tbsp of flax seed (TONS of health benefits from adding this and it has no flavor)



It is delicious!! This recipe makes enough for Roy and I to split.

Also, I have discovered a recipe for a yummy treat that I am just loving!

Banana Nutella Smoothie

1 ripe banana

1/2 cup of yogurt or milk

2 tbsp Nutella

Ice

Blend it all together and it is a yummy, tasty dessert! Believe me, you WANT to try this!

No comments: