Tuesday, August 16, 2011

22 Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 22 weeks and 5 days

Size of baby: Baby McDaniel is around 1lb. and is the length of a small squash

Gender: A sweet baby BOY!

Movement: This baby is very active. I feel him usually in the morning and right when I go to bed. Sometimes he'll keep me up at night just kicking away. Roy has been able to feel him too and it is just incredible.

Sleep: Sleep has been much better. I am feeling well rested, but need many hours of sleep. I guess I better enjoy that now.

What I Miss: Fitting into regular clothes. I am making the transition to maternity clothes and nothing fits me. I still miss exercising more than you know. It will take me forever to get back into the shape I was pre-baby. I am already making plans for a mega boot camp after this baby! I miss feeling "normal" and like myself. This baby has just taken over.

Cravings: Good southern cooking! Last week I really wanted country fried steak with mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, and corn bread.

Symptoms: I still get nauseous, but not very often. A few times during the day I won't feel very well, but it usually goes away. I am very sleepy ... all of the time. My belly itches often and I am assuming it is because it is every growing :) I am steadily gaining weight and climbing to numbers I am not excited about. I have gained about 14 lbs so far. Yikes!

Best Moment this Week: I got to see my sister for the last time until she welcomes a sweet new baby. It has been such a treat to be pregnant at the same time. We always WANTED it to happen that way, but never planned for it to turn out this way. I love my sister and am thrilled that she will be the mommy of a precious little blessing. I love feeling her little angel moving around in her tummy. I can't wait to meet my new niece/nephew!!


No comments: