Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sea Bands

My pregnancy has been incredibly challenging. My first trimester was awful. I was nauseous all of the time and all I could do to ease the pain was try to sleep, which I did as much as I could. I am beginning to feel much better, with occasional throwing up (nice, right?), nausea, and headaches. I finally told my doctor I needed SOMETHING to help me deal with the sickness, especially with school beginning again very soon. He was very hesitant to give me any medication, considering I am not throwing up all day everyday. I could not agree more, but still needed something to help me cope with the constant sickness.

He suggested Sea Bands.
The moment he said it I knew they were bogus. They are these bands you wear around your wrists. They look like sweatbands and are far from trendy, but I am sporting them with no shame. Through the use of pressure points on your wrist they can naturally relieve most nausea symptoms, including those that come with pregnancy. I really wasn't buying the idea, but for $7 I figured I would give them a chance. I wear them 24/7, even to sleep. I am convinced they are working! It is crazy. Maybe I have mentally convinced myself that "I need my Sea Bands" in order to function without feeling sick, but I really haven't been sick in about a week. It is amazing!

No comments: