Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 1

It has officially been one week since Roy and I made the transition down to Orlando. We are loving every moment of it! We live in such a great area. Winter Springs is incredibly quiet and we have met some amazing people. We live in an area where we can walk everywhere! Yesterday we walked to Wal-Mart to get groceries and also walked to Red Bug Lake Park. This area is such a "walker, runner, biker" friendly place. I love it! We are settling here pretty well. Last Sunday we attended City Church in downtown Orlando, which is a church plant, and we just love it. I met a girl there who works for a staffing agency in Orlando and she set up a time for me to come in and start finding a job! It was such a great blessing :) The Lord has been so sweet to help us begin making friendships. We have been really trying to meet people in our apartment complex and have been a bit successful thus far. We want to really engage with the community and hopefully have a number of opportunities to share our life and our faith with them. We are enjoying our time here, but I think we are both ready to start on a daily routine. Roy is THRILLED about starting seminary on August 3rd and I am doing all I know to do in terms of job hunting. Yesterday I applied for 12 jobs!!! It took over 5 hours to do all the necessary work. I am applying for positions within the Seminole Co. Florida Public School System. Please keep praying that I will find a job soon!!!

No comments: