Friday, July 29, 2011

It's A Boy!


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 20 weeks and 1 day

Size of baby: Baby McDaniel is 12 oz. and is the length of a banana

Gender: It’s a BOY! He was far from shy for the camera. The ultrasound tech said she had no trouble telling us what the gender was.We had a feeling the whole time it was a BOY. With my mom being so awfully sick with both me and my sister, I knew it must be a BOY. Bonnie has been so sick too, just like mom, and although I have felt pretty crummy and am still throwing up, I am no where near as sick as they were. (P.S. Bonnie isn't finding out what they are having, but I think it is a GIRL!)

Movement: Baby McDaniel is moving like crazy. The doctor said my placenta is behind the baby so it makes me more likely to keep little kicks and jabs, which I do. The baby loves when I eat Popsicles and is a night owl! He was waving to the camera during the ultrasound and Roy would wave back.

Sleep: Ok. I wake up to go to the bathroom like an old lady... many times during the night. My belly makes it hard to roll over and get out of bed (already?!).

What I miss: Exercising. I can't do anything without feeling week and light headed. I miss being my usual active self. I don't sleep as well as I used to either. I used to have no trouble sleeping and now it is hard for me to be comfortable. I am still queasy a lot and get headaches. I just miss being healthy!

Cravings: Nothing really. I still mainly snack throughout the day and greasy food sounds better than the food that is good for me. I love ice-cream, Popcicles, and Icees.

Symptoms: Still sick :( Not nearly as bad as my first trimester, but at 20 weeks I was expecting to feel much better. I am trying Seabands, which I wear around my wrist and they are supposed to naturally aid in morning sickness (which is all day sickness really). My belly is getting big and tight. I can't fit into my clothes! I have started gaining weight too.

Best Moment this week: Finding out we are having a little boy and that he is healthy! The doctor said because I am "fit and healthy" ( I give him props for that!) that they could see the 4 chambers of the heart on the ultrasound the blood flowing to and from the heart, which you usually can't see this early. All looks great! We are so excited to meet this bundle of joy.

No comments: