Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome to the Third Trimester!


I cannot believe the third trimester is here! I can remember being 10 weeks pregnant, sicker than ever and wondering if I'd ever make it through this pregnancy. Thankfully, I am feeling much better, with the exception of a few bad days of sickness here and there. We are on the home stretch and I think the reality of being a mom and welcoming a precious baby boy to our family has hit! I am overcome with more emotions these days than I can process.



I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday where I took the glucose test for gestational diabetes. The lady who drew my blood said I was the first person who didn't complain about how bad the drink (which has 50g of sugar, mind you) tasted. It just tasted like flat Sunkist to me. I also had a sonogram. At my previous appointment my doctor told me I was measuring big so he wanted to see how the baby was growing. Everything looked good! Baby Micah (yes, we have a name! I will explain the meaning later) is measuring in the 54th percentile so he is growing right on schedule. He does have a big head though :\ That will make for an interesting labor :) I will have another sonogram at 36 weeks just to check on the growth again.


So far everything is looking great. I am so thankful to the Lord for this precious gift and that Micah has been so very healthy thus far!



SO.... we have a name! We've had a name for a LONG time :) I picked out the name Micah even before we were married 3 years ago. It has just been one of the few boys' names that has stuck out and I love that it means "Who is like the Lord?" I have always wanted to raise boys (and hopefully a girl or two in the mix as well). I just see a world lacking in true, Godly leaders and pray that the Lord will give us the wisdom to disciple, love, and teach Micah to become a man who is after the heart of God, who loves his Word, who seeks his will, and who desires to be a leader. Micah's middle name will be "Leonard" which is so incredibly special to both Roy and myself because both of our paternal grandfathers were named Leonard. My Papa passed away this past March and I weep when I think of welcoming another precious Leonard into the world this very same year.


No comments: