Monday, August 24, 2009

Grateful for Encouragement!

I had a job interview Friday! :) After 5 weeks of being in Orlando, submitting countless applications and resumes, networking with friends of friends, I had my very first interview at a high school here in Seminole County. I feel like the interview went pretty well, all things considering. I keep replaying it in my head though, wishing I would have said this, wondering if I should have said that :) I guess I am just second guessing myself. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep last night. I was told that I should hear something today, but I didn't. The assistant principal I interviewed with said I might hear something tomorrow. We'll see! I know we have such a huge support system who have all been praying for and encouraging us. We are incredibly grateful! Please keep those prayers coming.

The Lord has been so sweet to us and has been confirmed our moving here in a number of ways. For one, we have made AMAZING friendships! There are 3 young married couples (2 from the church and one from RTS) that we have had the opportunity to get to know in the past few weeks. They are remarkable people and we have had more community in the lat month than we have had since graduating college. It has been amazing and we are so thankful for these new friendships.

Roy begins his Fall Semester at RTS on Wednesday. Please continue to lift him up in prayer during this time. Thankfully he'll begin working on campus very soon so we'll have a little bit of income. Digging into our savings is not something we enjoy, but we are grateful that the Lord has provided that for us and realize that we really and truly have never gone without what we need.

Please pray that this job will work out! It has been a tough process of having to wait... anxiously... and trust that the Lord knows what is best for me. Many wives of students at RTS are currently looking for jobs, so many of us are walking through this current trial together. It's great to know I'm not alone and really pushes me to pray for them along with myself. God is good!!! He is faithful and we know He will provide.

No comments: